Induction sessions are required before using our etching facilities. This is in order to gain familiarity with the systems we use and to help with the smooth running of a shared work space. There is a small fee for this (please ask about rates).
- Open 365 days a year
- Two presses, largest with bed size of 24″ x 48″
- Open to all experienced etchers
- Individual tuition available (please ask about rates)
- Pre-booked, ticketed access (see below)
- Tickets don’t go out of date but do require current membership
- Limited range of materials on the premises, some included with ticket, some for purchase
Session tickets are sold in batches of three or six, with one ticket equalling one session:
Morning session: 9.30-2pm
Afternoon session: 2-6.30pm
Evening session: from 6.30pm onwards
The price is £14 per session – £42 for a batch of three or (slightly discounted) £80 for a batch of six.
The Print Room is managed by our Print Technician Peg Morris. Sessions can be booked on the Print Room calendar on the Studio website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PRINT ROOM CAN ACCOMMODATE ONLY TWO ETCHERS OR ONE SCREEN PRINTER AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
DECEMBER 2017 – KEW STUDIO PRINTERS VISITED THE JERWOOD GALLERY IN HASTINGS, WHERE KEW STUDIO ETCHER COLIN WIGGINS GAVE A TALK ABOUT PAULA REGO’S EXHIBITION ENTITLED ‘THE BOY WHO LOVED THE SEA’